- Time trials will be held for all events (except masters) with more than 18 entries starting at 9:00 am Friday.
- We’ll have a coaches and coxswains meeting at 7:30 am at the regatta HQ tent.
- Bow numbers can be picked up at the regatta HQ tent between 7:00 and 9:00 am.
- Top 18 crews from time trials advance to semi-finals.
- Crews start with intervals of 15 seconds between boats; 30 seconds between boats in same lane.
- Odd numbered crews row in lane 5, even numbered crews row in lane 4.
- Any crew crossing the course during time trials will be excluded (disqualified).
- All crews must have their assigned number securely fastened to the bow of their shell and on the back of the bow-most rower.
- Upon arriving in the marshalling area, the marshals will direct you either into the chute for your time trial or upriver to the warm-up area.
- It is your responsibility to be in numerical order, staying behind the numbers lower than yours and ahead of the numbers higher.
- Every effort will be made by the marshals to send crews down the chutes in ascending numerical order, but this can only be accomplished with your cooperation.
- When directed into the chutes, proceed quickly and safely.
- Crews shall be responsible for maintaining their proper order at the start, for maintaining the proper interval between it and the other crews in the chutes, and for staying within the chutes as they approach the starting line.
- Crews not maintaining their proper position may be delayed, moved to the end of the starting order, penalized, or excluded (disqualified).
- The starter will tell you that you are approaching the starting line. You should increase pressure and cross the line at full pressure.
- Stay in your lane for the entire race course except for broken equipment or to yield to an overtaking boat.
- Lane numbers are displayed on Strawberry Mansion bridge, on an overhead wire at the head of Peters Island and at the bridge at the finish line.
- Move to lane 3 (if rowing in lane 4) or lane 6 (if rowing in lane 5).
- If the broken equipment occurs in the first 100 meters, you will be allowed to return to the East Park Canoe House (EPCH) / Temple and attempt repairs. If they can be competed in 45 minutes, you will be allowed to restart.
- If the broken equipment occurs after the first 100 meters, leave the assigned lane. You will not be permitted to restart.
- A crew is deemed to be overtaking another crew when it has moved to within one length of open water of the crew ahead.
- A crew being overtaken shall move to lane 3 (if rowing in lane 4) or lane 6 (if rowing in lane 5) to allow the overtaking crew to pass.
- Any crew failing to yield to an overtaking crew will be excluded.
- Course marshals will give instructions as set forth in the USRowing Rules of Rowing. Should it be necessary to exclude (disqualify) a crew during a race, the marshal will raise a white flag and order the offending crew to “stop”. A crew so ordered shall quickly move out of its lane so as not to interfere with any other crew.
Countdown to Independence Day Regatta